Saturday, January 17, 2009

Monster truck show just got too exciting for me

Earlier today I filled out an online survey from Feld Motorsports, operator of the Monster Jam monster truck shows. Now I wish I could change some of my responses.
I received the e-mail survey because I had been to a Monster Jam show last year with my young son, who likes monster trucks.
The e-mail survey request, which I got Friday night, said Monster Jam wanted my opinions because “we are hoping to create an even more exciting customer experience at our shows.”
Attendees at the Monster Jam show Friday night in Tacoma, Wash., witnessed a horrific accident that killed a 6-year-old boy and injured another spectator. Debris from a monster truck flew into the grandstands and hit the boy and a man, according to the Associated Press. I didn't read the story until this afternoon.
I had been thinking of taking my son, now 5 ½, to the Monster Jam show next month in Rosemont, Ill. In the survey, I even said I was very likely to attend another Monster Jam show soon. I’d answer the survey differently now.
The Disney on Ice show looks to be more our speed now.
(Photo from Feb. 16, 2008, Monster Jam show at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Ill.)

No comments: