Saturday, November 6, 2010

Most bloggers are well-educated hobbyists

To see the average blogger, all I have to do is look in the mirror.
Technorati’s annual “State of the Blogosphere” survey, out this week, described the typical blogger today and he looks a lot like me.
The website’s survey of 7,200 bloggers found that 65% are hobbyists and 79% have college degrees (43% have graduate degrees). That’s me.
The survey results also showed that two-thirds of bloggers are male and that bloggers are more affluent than the general population. Bingo.
Plus, 81% have been blogging more than 2 years. Guilty.
I agree with the most cited reasons for blogging: To speak my mind on areas of interest (35%) and to share my expertise and experiences (26%). Though having a creative outlet for my wacky pop culture interests is also up there.

No comments: