Thursday, June 16, 2011

New wiki website devoted to mancations

Last week I suggested that somebody should create a wiki devoted to mancations. Today I decided that that person was me.
A wiki is a website that allows many people to collaborate on writing and editing content. The online encyclopedia Wikipedia is the best known wiki.
I set up the Mancation Wiki at Wikia, an advertising-supported wiki service. I put up the basic framework tonight and plan to add content to it in the days and weeks ahead. I’m hoping that other people discover it and share their knowledge about fun mancations as well.
Mancations are man vacations. They can range from short weekend trips out of town to longer road trips or traveling to exotic destinations. They can revolve around the great outdoors, sports, thrill seeking or geeky pursuits.

No comments: