Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Candidates for TV watch list: ‘Legion,’ ‘Time After Time,’ ‘Making History’

We’re in the thick of midseason TV premieres. So it’s time to rejigger my TV watch list.
“Legion,” based on characters from Marvel’s X-Men comic-book series, premieres tonight on FX and looks good. “Legion” currently has a Metacritic score of 80 for generally favorable reviews.
Other shows I’m interested in checking out include two time-travel themed shows: “Making History” on Fox and “Time After Time” on ABC. Both premiere on March 5.
“Making History” is a comedy and the trailer looks pretty amusing. “Time After Time” is a thriller based on a very good 1979 movie.
Last fall, I gave two new shows a whirl: NBC time-travel adventure show “Timeless” and Fox horror show “The Exorcist.”
I enjoyed the low-rated “Exorcist,” which is the best sequel yet to the original 1973 classic. It was quite thrilling for a network TV show.
I lost interest in “Timeless,” which turned into a dull history lesson.
Of the current shows on my watch list, “Colony,” the USA Network’s alien invasion series, is my favorite. I’m also enjoying “The 100,” “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” and the final season of “Adventure Time.”
I look forward to the return of new episodes of “The Walking Dead” (starting Sunday) and “iZombie” (April 4).
 

No comments: