Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Apple Maps still suck

More than 2 years have passed since the debut of Apple Maps made Apple the laughingstock of the tech industry.
I have tried to use Google Maps whenever possible since then. But last week I accidentally used Apple Maps and paid the price. The wrong directions it gave made me about 15 minutes late for an appointment.
To get to my appointment I clicked on the address sent to me via email on my iPhone 5S. Because Apple Maps is the default on iPhone, it launched the application and showed what it thought was the address on a digital map.
Instead of a corporate headquarters in Lincolnshire, Ill., it directed me to an address in a residential neighborhood a few miles away.
It was a great reminder to stick with the experts when it comes to online maps: Google.

Photo: Incorrect map from Apple Maps

No comments: