Sunday, March 24, 2024

My picks for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction this year


While I’m not a member of the voting body for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I’m a music fan who cares about who gets inducted into the hall.
Like other fans I vote in the online poll to participate in the fan ballot. But I realize that doesn’t have much influence over who actually gets enshrined in the hall. Nevertheless, I feel compelled to vote each year.
This year, my seven selections are Mariah Carey, Foreigner, Peter Frampton, Ozzy Osbourne, Sinéad O’Connor, Sade and Kool & the Gang. They are among the 15 nominees announced on Feb. 10.
I think my choices offer a good mix of rockers and pop music stars. My selections also lean more heavily on older acts in hopes of clearing out some of the backlog of worthy artists.
Three of my selections were on my list of “Who should be inducted next into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?” that I posted last November. They are: Mariah Carey, Foreigner and Sade.
This year’s inductees will be announced in late April. They will be officially enshrined at a ceremony in Cleveland this fall.

Related articles:

2024 Nominees Announced (Rock & Roll Hall of Fame; Feb. 10, 2024)

Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, Cher, Sade, Oasis and Ozzy Osbourne among Rock Hall nominees for ’24 (Associated Press; Feb. 10, 2024)

Cher, Mariah Carey, Sinéad O’Connor, and Lenny Kravitz lead Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominations (Entertainment Weekly; Feb. 10, 2024)

2024 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Nominees: Induction Odds From Least to Most Likely (Billboard; Feb. 10, 2024)

Which Foreigner Members Are Nominated for the Rock Hall? (Ultimate Classic Rock; Feb. 11, 2024)

Oh, By the Way, Here Are Our Nominees: The 2024 Rock Hall Ballot (Iconic Rock Talk Show; Feb. 12, 2024)

Quick Thoughts on the 2024 Rock Hall Ballot (Future Rock Legends; Feb. 13, 2024)

What is rock ’n’ roll? Hall of fame ballot fuels debate (Axios Cleveland; Feb. 21, 2024)

Let’s rank the 2024 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame nominees (Axios Cleveland; Feb. 26, 2024)

Liam Gallagher Slams Fellow Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees as He Claims He’s ‘Done More’ for the Genre (People; Feb. 27, 2024)

No comments: