Thursday, February 15, 2018

Travel goal: Visiting all 50 U.S. states

Many people in the U.S. have a goal of traveling to all 50 U.S. states. I’ve decided to be one of them, but I’ve got my work cut out for me.
I’ve visited just 36 states, leaving 14 untouched.
In the Eastern U.S., I still have to visit South Carolina and Vermont. I hope to pass through South Carolina on a road trip this summer. I’ll save Vermont for an autumn leaves excursion sometime later.
In the Deep South, I have yet to visit Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi. Vacationing in New Orleans shouldn’t be too difficult. But I’ve had no reason to visit Arkansas and Mississippi before.
In the Plain States, I haven’t set foot in Kansas, Nebraska or Oklahoma. I should be able to pick off a couple of those if I ever do a tornado chasing tour.
That leaves Alaska, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota and Oregon. The hardest one of those to justify will be North Dakota.
There’s even a website for people who want to document their travels: All Fifty States Club.
If you just want a U.S. map with the states you’ve visited and those left on your travel list, check out amCharts, Gas Food No Lodging, MapLoco and Visited Countries.

No comments: