Saturday, September 1, 2018

Song of Summer 2018: ‘In My Feelings’ by Drake

Another summer comes to an end this weekend, so it’s time to crown the “song of summer” for 2018. This year the choice is easy: “In My Feelings” by Drake.
Drake dominated the summer with music from his “Scorpion” album. And “In My Feelings” was the biggest hit track. It also inspired a dancing competition meme that made headlines.
Drake also had top 10 hits this summer in “God’s Plan” and “Nice for What.”
The song of summer celebrates the music that was most ubiquitous during the season. It encapsulates what was popular on the music scene in a given year. In 2018, that was bounce music and trap music.
Rapper Cardi B was the true breakout star this summer. She was on two huge tracks: “I Like It” with Bad Bunny and J Balvin and “Girls Like You” by Maroon 5.
“In My Feelings” was named song of summer by Billboard magazine and Spotify. Rolling Stone picked Cardi B’s “I Like It” for its more subjective list.
My personal favorites for song of summer 2018 would include “Better Now” by Post Malone, “Friends” by Marshmello & Anne-Marie, “Youngblood” by 5 Seconds of Summer, “Back to You” by Selena Gomez, “One Kiss” by Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa, and “I’m A Mess” by Bebe Rexha.

No comments: