Sunday, December 20, 2009

Two great celebrity websites: The Superficial and I Don’t Like You In That Way


For snarky commentary on celebrities and photos galore of pretty starlets, I turn to two websites: The Superficial and I Don’t Like You In That Way.
I refuse to go to Perez Hilton’s gossip site anymore. I can’t put up with his preening and obnoxious behavior. The guy comes off as a major jackass. I also hate the way he doodles on pictures. I wish more people would boycott his site. There are way better options for celebrity news and photos.
The Superficial and I Don’t Like You In That Way are similar in their approaches. They love running photos of gorgeous models and actresses at the beach and on the red carpet. The authors are pretty adolescent, highlighting photos of “nip slips” and “side boob” exposure.
They’re also frequently very funny when insulting reality TV stars and self-important celebrities like Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow. Other favorite targets include Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus and Tara Reid.
I’ve checked out a lot of celebrity-oriented websites (there are tons of them), but these are my two favorites. They don’t have intrusive ads or NSFW (not suitable for work) ads. Their websites are clean, uncluttered and easy to navigate. The Superficial is published by Anticlown Media, which is based in Southern California.
I Don’t Like You In That Way is a property of CraveOnline Media, a division of Los Angeles-based AtomicOnline.

Editor’s note: This is the latest in a series on Tech-media-tainment’s favorite Web sites.


No comments: