In honor of the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, which are wrapping up tonight, here are a couple of Olympics-themed lists.
The first is BlackBook’s “The 25 Best Looking Athletes at the Olympics.” The list includes gold-medal winner and Sports Illustrated cover girl Lindsey Vonn, pictured above.
The second is “The 5 most memorable Olympic figure skating falls” according to Scott Hamilton. The article on EW’s PopWatch blog includes videos of some spectacular figure skating falls.
The article would have been more helpful if it specified when during the videos the wipeouts occurred. So I’ll do it for them.
1. Kurt Browning’s Short Program in Albertville 1992.
Fast forward to 3:40 on the YouTube video.
2. Barbara Underhill and Paul Martini in 1984.
Skip ahead to 1:30 on the video. It’s a doozy.
3. Tai Babilonia and Randy Gardner in 1980.
FF to the 1 minute mark.
4. Laetitia Hubert from France at the 1992 Albertville Games.
Jump ahead to the 52 second mark for the first of many falls.
5. Michelle Kwan at the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City.
Start at 2:55.