Friday, October 19, 2012

Obama campaign makes good

Earlier this month I vented about how I couldn’t get in to see President Obama speak at a nearby event even though I had tickets and arrived well in advance of the start time.
Fast forward to today and the Obama campaign has made me and my 9-year-old son happy campers.
After we got bumped from the last event, Virginia campaign workers took down my contact info and said I’d be put on the VIP list if Obama made a return visit to Fairfax County, Va. With the Nov. 6 election fast approaching, I didn’t hold out much hope for that.
But on Thursday I got calls and email messages from two different campaign offices offering me VIP tickets to see the president speak at George Mason University on Friday. I picked up the tickets, took my son out of school (he only missed a field trip to the Kennedy Center) and drove to the event in Fairfax, Va., this morning.
True to their word, we were treated like VIPs and given front row views of the president’s speech. It was a great speech too, instantly famous for Obama’s description of his opponent as having a position flip-flopping disease called “Romnesia.”
My son and I got to shake the president’s hand and feel like we were a part of history.
My thanks to the Fairfax County Democratic Party officials for making it happen.

Photo: President Barack Obama speaks at George Mason University in Fairfax, Va., on Oct. 19.

No comments: