Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Nicki Minaj, Kal Penn, other celebrities complain about TSA abuses


Celebrities are just like you and me – they hate the TSA too.
Well, except for actor Ben Affleck, who recently defended the Transportation Security Administration by saying, “They grab your dick a little bit. It’s not the end of the world.”
And just like average Americans, they take to Twitter to complain about TSA abuses, misconduct and inefficiencies.
What follows is a sampling of celebrity tweets about encounters with TSA agents in the last six months. (See also the May 23 blog post “Adam Levine, Kyra Sedgwick, other celebs talk about getting felt up by TSA agents” and the May 24 post “More celebrities speak out against the TSA.”)

Sexually assaulted by TSA agents


Singer-rapper Nicki Minaj accused a TSA agent of groping her on July 9. She also complained that TSA screeners tried to prevent her from taking photos of the scene. (See articles by the Daily Mail and Twitchy Entertainment.)

“Pretty sure I was just overtly fondled @ this check point. By a very old lady w/an accent. Word?” – Nicki Minaj (July 9, 2012)

“So TSA always takes pics of me while doing their job! But wld u believe they just told ME EYE couldn't take pics???? Wow. #luckyIMsick” – Nicki Minaj (July 9, 2012)


Comic actor Rob Schneider tweeted about getting molested by TSA agents on June 27 and Sept. 10.

“Just went thru airport security where I 'opted out' of the full body scan x-ray and went for the free crotch massage! So relaxing!” – Rob Schneider (June 27, 2012)

“I'd like to thank TSA Agent Davenport at DFW Airport for touching my penis. He was gentle yet firm. He managed to get me on both sides! Wow” – Rob Schneider (Sept. 10, 2012)

Actor Kal Penn tweeted about getting TSA pat-downs on Aug. 13, Sept. 7 and Oct. 31.

“Very thorough inguinal massage from #TSA this morning.” – Kal Penn (Aug. 13, 2012)

On Sept. 7, Penn was spotted getting a “ridiculously long” pat-down at the Charlotte, N.C., airport. (See article by Twitchy Entertainment.) He joked that it was a “great buttocks massage.”

Then on Halloween, Penn posted photos of himself in a Tigger costume getting an airport pat-down. 

Penn’s “Harold and Kumar” co-star John Cho also tweeted about getting an aggressive TSA pat-down recently.

“Gonna take a silkwood shower now to forget about my experience with Manchester TSA. #exceptionallythorough” – John Cho (Sept. 17, 2012)


Country music singer John Rich, comedian D.L. Hughley, Go-Go’s rocker Jane Wiedlin and actress Mayim Bialik have tweeted about their gropings at the hands of the TSA as well.

“Just got GROPED by the TSA in Kansas City. Of There was a lady in a wheelchair being groped too so I can't totally bitch. TSA=Outta control” – John Rich (July 29, 2012)

“I got patted down 2 day! If I was gonna sneak something n my pants it wouldn't be a bomb it'd be my luggage so I could avoid all those fees!” – D.L. Hughley (June 19, 2012)

“At Baltimore Airport. Got my customary groping, no happy ending. You can't spell TEASE without #TSA ! Im off to Wisconsin to visit family.” – Jane Wiedlin (Aug. 6, 2012)

“My sexytime with #TSA was especially good this morning. Now I'm craving a cigarette. #IDontSmoke” – Jane Wiedlin (Sept. 20, 2012)

“TSA rant: really? I “can't fly” unless I let you vigorously pat down my injured hand with its isotoner compression glove? Can't fly? Unbelievable. I took it off, endured pain and my blood pressure rose 50 points. But at least now I can fly.” – Mayim Bialik (Oct. 17, 2012)

Singer Solange Knowles raised a ruckus when she tweeted about a TSA agent fingering her hair. (See articles by the Daily Mail, Global Grind and Styleite.)

“Lets play a little game called: "What did TSA find in Solange's Fro"?” – Solange Knowles (Nov. 14, 2012)


Rude TSA agents 

“is it only me that thinks TSA agents slowly turning into carnival barkers? #iknowtotakemyshoesoff,thanks” – actress Kristen Bell. (July 6, 2012)

“Wearing sweater dress. Can't fully raise my hands above my head for body scan without it getting short. "u didn't think about that??" – TSA” – model Christine Teigen (Sept. 21, 2012)

“No TSA. i don't get up in the morning and wonder how i should dress for your stupid full body scanner.” – model Christine Teigen (Sept. 21, 2012)

Nudie scanners, dumb liquid rules and other indignities 


“"Is your name Joseph?" the TSA lady smirked at me, recognizing my face before directing me into the x-ray thingy to view my naked body :o(” – actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Oct. 6, 2012)

“I was relieved of a $6 tube of Crest at the airport. My teeth now have beef with the TSA.” – actor Dax Shepard (Oct. 16, 2012)

“Can't believe they just toss out liquids at the airport... U know how many ppl in this world don't even have soap?! #blasphemy” – Singer Aubrey O’Day (July 8, 2012)

“You know you're country when: the item confiscated from you at airport security is your to-go cup of pinto beans!” – actress Ashley Judd (Oct. 5, 2012)

“I forgot & they took my 'spensive face creams, lotions, etc. All because some asshole tried to set his shoes on fire.” – actress Kristen Johnston (Sept. 14, 2012)

Actor William Shatner made headlines when he talked about his pants falling down during a TSA pat-down. (See his June 28, 2012, tweet and a video of him recounting the incident to Craig Ferguson.)

No comments: